We are always looking
VPL Glass and Aluminum is a fast-growing company that has been working in the field of architectural aluminum for over 27 years. Recognized as an employer of choice, we value work/family/life balance, and our values are shared by all. Our practices emphasize human capital. We offer ongoing training and an interesting, changing, and motivating environment where challenges are welcomed and opportunities to excel allow each team member to develop AND refine new skills. We offer a salary and benefits package that is above and beyond the industry standard, because we consider our employees to be the most important resource in the company.
If you also share the values of VPL Glass and Aluminum and if you want to participate in the development of the National Capital Region, we want to meet you.
VPL Inc. is in full expansion. If you are committed and wish to be part of a family business that employs respect and diversity, send us your resume.
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Commercial Projects
Reports to: President and CEO
Date: As soon as possible
VPL Glass and Aluminum (Vitrerie P Latreille Inc) is a fast-growing company that has been working in the field of
architectural aluminum for over 27 years. Recognized as an employer of choice, we value work/family/life balance,
and our values are shared by all. Our practices emphasize human capital. We offer ongoing training and an
interesting, changing, and motivating environment where challenges are welcomed and opportunities to excel
allow each team member to develop AND refine new skills. We offer a salary and benefits package that is above
and beyond the industry standard, because we consider our employees to be the most important resource in the
So, if you want a career where it’s good to work then VPL Glass and Aluminum is the place for you!
As a member of the project management team and a member of management, the Construction Project Manager
is responsible for ensuring a high-quality installation of products within the prescribed budgets and labor schedules.
The Construction Project Manager will lead the installation team, support the Operations coordinator in his duties,
and work closely with the fabrication team and estimating team in planning, organizing and directing current and
future construction projects.
RESPONSABILITIES & MAIN DUTIES
• Review and understand plans and specifications.
• Understand the scope of work and communicate to installers.
• Discuss feasibility and assist in preparing internal schedules to meet client’s schedules.
• Confirm project schedule updates including fabrication and installation activities to meet the various project phases.
• Meet with client foremen to discuss schedules and installation plans.
• Schedule work associated with projects.
• Plan labor requirements based on installers’ experience.
• Plan equipment.
• Plan and confirm coordination of material receiving.
• Prepare job sites.
• Ensure that project binders are complete.
• Measure the work to be done and inform the technical department of any changes.
• Inform and accompany the installers assigned to the projects.
• Provide technical assistance to site employees.
• Attend site meetings.
• Collaborate with other trades assigned to the projects.
• Ensure the quality of materials to be installed.
• Ensure the quality control of the installed products.
• Monitor projects and produce periodic progress reports.
• Prepare a recovery plan for projects that may have cost overruns.
• Resolve challenges that arise on construction sites.
• Act as a leader and promoter of health and safety on job sites.
• Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the company by contributing to the development of documentation and the deployment of new processes and policies.
• Provide support for special projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Proven track record in the industry
• Hold a college degree or a professional studies degree in architecture or equivalent in a related field.
• Bilingual in both French and English, written and spoken.
• Have the necessary health and safety training on construction sites in Quebec (ASP construction) and inOntario.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Knowledge of the rules and laws governing the construction industry at both the provincial (Ontario andQuebec) and federal levels.
• Knowledge of industry standards.
• Knowledge of safety rules on construction sites.
• Good computer skills.
• Mastery of MS Office suite (MS project, Excel, Word and Outlook);
• Attention to detail.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to read plans and specifications for construction projects.
• Ability to organize work and lead teams.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to understand and solve problems.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Leadership and uprightness.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
• Hours of work are usually based on workload
• This position is both in and out of the office requiring site visits
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Salary range, depending on experience
• Ongoing training
• Unless otherwise specified, vacation time will be paid and allotted as 4 weeks per year and must be planned according to the workload
• After 3 months on the job, the employee will have to join the group insurance program in effect
• Cell phone
• Travel expenses
Send your application without targeting a specific position, it will be registered in our application database. We will contact you as soon as a
position matching your profile becomes available.